News update: Sheffield City Region announced as one of seven national Test Bed innovation centres to take part in a major new drive to modernise how the NHS delivers care – read more.
Care 2050 provides a world-leading collaborative innovation environment in which to identify, develop, test, champion and implement the technologies and systems that will deliver game-changing, affordable and sustainable future healthcare.
- Make the Sheffield City Region the ‘go-to’ place for health-related innovation
- Encourage disruptive and transformational technologies
- Clinical and public engagement; needs-led approach
- Effective model for industry engagement & partnership, promoting inward investment
- City region-wide collaboration
WHAT IS CARE 2050?
Care 2050 is a Sheffield City Region-wide initiative, in the heart of our growing Advanced Manufacturing Innovation District, which is developing a visionary pipeline for providing and producing innovative solutions for health, wellness and social care. A collaboration between industry, the NHS, Sheffield’s Universities and Local Government, Care 2050 will:
- Apply benefits realized by the manufacturing sector, through the internationally recognized Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre (AMRC),
- Harness innovations occurring in the digital sector,
- Create disruptive change in the way we deliver health and social care, an expand on the wealth of existing collaborations between regional partners.
Care 2050 is set to deliver a number of initiatives that will increase the productivity of the health and care sector in the sheffield City Region.